HCA Healthcare named a best employer for veterans by Military Times for third consecutive year
We are proud to announce that HCA Healthcare has again been recognized by Military Times as one of the country’s best employers based on our organization’s efforts to recruit, retain and support current and former service members, military spouses and military caregivers. Since 2012, HCA Healthcare has hired more than 40,000 veterans, active-duty personnel and military spouses.
The Military Times’ 2022 Best for Vets: Employers ranking is an editorially independent, highly respected analysis of the policies and practices that make companies an attractive place to work for both current employees and future job seekers within the military community. Rankings are based on the results of a voluntary survey that seeks to capture the areas of greatest importance to transitioning service members, veterans and their families when choosing an employer. Recruitment and employment practices, as well as retention and support programs, are given the most weight in scoring.
The designation recognizes the work HCA Healthcare is doing to support and employ veterans, including:
- Launching an internal mentoring program for veterans and military spouses, which has been successful in helping recently transitioned veterans navigate the civilian workforce.
- Maintaining a Veteran Colleague Network, an employee-led, self-directed voluntary network facilitating connection, collaboration and celebration among colleagues.
- Offering military leave and supplemental pay to eligible colleagues, and supporting those who want to continue to serve as active duty military while working at HCA Healthcare.
- Partnering with the U.S. Army Medical Recruiting Brigade to create the Patriot Partnership Program allowing the Army to provide specialized training for residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Serving on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Veteran Employment and Military Spouse Employment Councils.
- Working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation on the “Hiring 100,000 Military Spouses” campaign to help military spouses seeking meaningful 21st-century career opportunities. As a founding coalition member in 2021, HCA Healthcare hired more than 1,100 military spouses.
HCA Healthcare has a longstanding commitment to U.S. veterans and military communities. This year, the company is giving $50,000 to REBOOT Recovery, a national peer-led trauma healing program for veterans, their families and first responders, to assist in rewriting their military curriculum. HCA Healthcare is also giving $25,000 to Fisher House Foundation to build a second house in San Antonio, Texas for military families to stay free of charge while a loved one is in the hospital or VA Medical Center and $25,000 to the Gary Sinise Foundation, which has completed over 80 specially adapted smart homes for severely wounded veterans and first responders. In the past five years, HCA Healthcare has given approximately $900,000 to national and local veteran support organizations.
In addition, HCA Healthcare has been nationally recognized as a military-friendly employer and military-spouse-friendly employer for 12 consecutive years by VIQTORY and, in 2021 received the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. In 2015, HCA Healthcare received the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring our Heroes – Lee Anderson Award for overall excellence in hiring and retaining veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses.
You may also like...
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, is comprised of 182 hospitals and more than 2,300 sites of care, in 20 states and the United Kingdom. Our more than 283,000 colleagues are connected by a single purpose — to give patients healthier tomorrows.
As an enterprise, we recognize the significant responsibility we have as a leading healthcare provider within each of the communities we serve, as well as the opportunity we have to improve the lives of the patients for whom we are entrusted to care. Through the compassion, knowledge and skill of our caregivers, and our ability to leverage our scale and innovative capabilities, HCA Healthcare is in a unique position to play a leading role in the transformation of care.