World Cancer Day: we are fighting cancer together
Did you know 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime? But, there is good news on the horizon. According to the American Cancer Society, new figures are promising, citing a 27% decline in United States cancer death rates since 1991.
Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, is honored to uphold the mission of World Cancer Day, which is marked on the fourth of February to increase awareness of cancer, to foster its prevention, early detection and treatment. This year marks the second year of the “I Am and I Will” campaign.
Standing together in solidarity with our cancer arm, We Are HCA Healthcare, We Are Sarah Cannon and We Will fight cancer together to make a positive impact on patients and communities everywhere.
Take a look at some of the ways we have committed to this cause, not just today, but every day for more than 25 years:
- Sarah Cannon has been a key clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last decade.
- With a network that spans the United States and United Kingdom, Sarah Cannon has hundreds of physicians who engage in research across its strategic sites, demonstrating its scale in being able to bring cutting-edge therapies closer to home for thousands of patients.
- Sarah Cannon offers a large menu of clinical trial options today, studying more than 200 unique agents in trial each year.
- As a world leader in the field of early-phase research, Sarah Cannon has conducted more than 400 first-in-human clinical trials.
- Sarah Cannon enrolls more than 3,000 patients per year on clinical trials across its network. Sarah Cannon continues to be the leader for the industry with delivering novel therapies, and participating in breakthroughs in research, such as the first personalized cancer vaccine developed through molecularly sequencing the patient’s tumor. Sarah Cannon plays a similar leadership role with the anti-body drug conjugates, cellular therapies, and targeted small molecules.
AND IN CARE…
- Sarah Cannon performs more than 1,200 hematopoietic stem cell transplants (blood and marrow transplants) per year – one of the leading providers in the world.
- Sarah Cannon is one of the largest providers of radiation oncology services in the U.S.
- Sarah Cannon has more than 200 oncology-trained nurse navigators helping patients though every aspect of the cancer journey.
- Together, we serve more than 120,000 newly diagnosed patients annually.
Medical City Fort Worth colleagues celebrating World Cancer Day
Nursing team at affiliate Capital Regional Medical Center
Colleagues from HCA Healthcare’s HealthONE healthcare system recognize World Cancer Day
Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon’s cancer programs include individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,200 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of clinical trial options, and molecular profiling capabilities. Sarah Cannon also offers a helpline, askSARAH, so that people with cancer questions can talk to a specially-trained nurse to receive trusted information. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center. To learn more about Sarah Cannon, visit sarahcannon.com and to reach askSARAH by phone or live chat, visit asksarahnow.com.
You may also like...
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, is comprised of 182 hospitals and more than 2,300 sites of care, in 20 states and the United Kingdom. Our more than 283,000 colleagues are connected by a single purpose — to give patients healthier tomorrows.
As an enterprise, we recognize the significant responsibility we have as a leading healthcare provider within each of the communities we serve, as well as the opportunity we have to improve the lives of the patients for whom we are entrusted to care. Through the compassion, knowledge and skill of our caregivers, and our ability to leverage our scale and innovative capabilities, HCA Healthcare is in a unique position to play a leading role in the transformation of care.